CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

So, this is it. Finally I will finish Library 2.0. All in all, I think it has been a pretty good program. Some of the best lessons, in my opinion were YouTube, Map your Travels, Flickr, LibraryThing, so pretty much all of the "fun" lessons. I enjoyed the program because it introduced me to all sorts of things out on the internet that I would probably never have known about but I'm not really sure how to apply some of them to a library setting. There are a few of the sources that I think the library could use to provide some cool features, especially on the SLCPL website. Some of the easy ideas are utilizing Flickr and YouTube/Online Video to allow us to record programs like storytimes or maybe even some of the computer training courses and allow patrons to watch them online. The SLCPL MySpace also could become a great resource to connect with teens and promote teen programming. I don't know if this is possible but I think it would be cool if we could somehow use LibraryThing to make booklists on the website. How cool would it be if you could add Staff Lists to the website and have them link to LibraryThing? Patrons could see what ratings staff gave certain books and even see a short review. Well, I think it would be cool.

0 comments: